As New Zealand remains at Alert Level One for COVID-19, additional screening and testing procedures are in place at Forté Hospital. This continued vigilance is required to maintain the safety of staff, patients and visitors.
What do these requirements mean for you?
- If you are coming to Forté Health for surgery you may be screened by your medical specialist prior to your admission.
- You may be contacted by your medical team in the weeks and/or days prior to any planned surgery to discuss any risks or questions regarding COVID. Please speak openly and honestly during these phone assessments.
- If you have cold and flu symptoms such as sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell (with or without fever) you may be required to have a free COVID test. A test result takes approximately 48 hours to return and a negative result may be required prior to surgery.
- If you become unwell prior to your surgery it is strongly recommended you access a COVID test. For information about accessing a COVID test click here.
Naturally if you are unwell, we ask you to stay at home.
There are some high-risk situations for visitors and patients and these include those who, in the last 14 days, have:
- had contact in-person with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case;
- travelled internationally or had direct contact with a person who has travelled overseas (e.g. Customs and Immigration staff, staff at quarantine/isolation facilities);
- worked on an international aircraft or shipping vessel, or worked at a quarantine facility or international arrivals;
- recently completed managed isolation or had contact with a person who has come out of a MIQ quarantine.
If any of the above apply to you, please discuss this directly with your medical specialist or alternatively phone us to discuss your upcoming surgery and any requirements.
Forté Health will continue to follow all Ministry of Health COVID guidelines and will keep this page updated with any relevant information.
We appreciate your support and cooperation to keep our community COVID-free.