Te ngākau tapatahi
While we welcome the news that the whole of New Zealand will be at Alert Level 1 from midnight 7 October 2020, here at Forté Health we will continue to remain vigilant to any COVID risk. It is vital that we keep heightened protocols in place to screen for infection risk, to ensure safety of our patients, our people and our contractors and suppliers.
As such the following measures will remain in place:
• Screening of staff, patients, visitors, contractors and suppliers.
• Adhering to social distancing guidelines.
• Following Standard Infection Prevention and Control Precautions.
• Thorough environmental cleaning.
What does this mean for patients?
• You will be telephoned and screened for risk factors associated with COVID-19 by staff up to a week before admission and/or by reception the day before admission.
• When you arrive for admission please present yourself to reception, our Concierge team will guide you through to reception.
• Please contact us immediately if you develop cold or flu symptoms prior to your admission.
What does this mean for visitors?
• If you are unwell or have cold or flu symptoms please do not visit the hospital.
• Please use the contact tracing app when you enter our hospital.
• Visiting hours finish at 8.30pm.
• Visitors who are unwell or have suspicion of COVID-19 will not be able to enter Forté Hospital.
As always, we will continue to work closely with the Canterbury DHB and the Ministry of Health to support our community to stay healthy and well.
We thank you for your support.