At Forté Health we are a COVID-19 free hospital. We are committed to preventing the virus entering our hospital and to doing all we can to prevent any spread throughout our community.
We have reinstated level 2 precautions for COVID-19. We realise this will have an impact on our patients and visitors, however we must continue to actively manage infection risk to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, contractors and suppliers.
In Level 2 limiting our interactions with others is our best defence against COVID-19. Under Level 2 and following Ministry of Health and Canterbury DHB guidelines the following measures are currently in place:
- Any patients that have been in Auckland in the last 14 days will have surgery reviewed. If this affects you, please contact your surgeons’ rooms.
- There will be continued screening of staff, patients, visitors, contractors and suppliers.
- We will be maintaining contact tracing procedures throughout the hospital.
- There will be a restriction on visitors – please see visitor information below.
- We will be adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- We are following Standard Infection Prevention and Control Precautions.
- Thorough environmental cleaning will be taking place.
What does this mean for visitors?
- Please do not visit the hospital if you do not need to.
- Only one nominated support person may visit for the duration of a patient’s stay, with the exception of children who may have both parents/caregivers present. Visiting hours finish at 8.30pm.
- Visitors will be screened and asked to provide contact details upon arrival.
- Visitors who are unwell or have suspicion of COVID-19, or have been in Auckland in the last 14 days, will not be able to enter Forté Hospital.
What does this mean for patients?
- You will be telephoned and screened for risk factors associated with COVID-19 by staff up to a week before admission and/or by reception the day before admission.
- When you arrive for admission please present yourself to reception, our Concierge team will guide you through to reception. Please ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Please contact us immediately if you develop cold or flu symptoms prior to your admission.
- On discharge, your nominated visitor can collect you from the ward. If it is not the nominated visitor, the nurse can take you to the door or the car in a wheelchair.
We want to thank you for your ongoing understanding and support during this time and as always, we will strive to maintain and deliver an excellent service.
If you have any questions, please telephone reception on 03 365 8333.
Keep well and stay safe.