Level 2 of COVID-19 Alert System in New Zealand | Unite against COVID-19.
"The disease is contained, but the risk of community transmission remains."
At Forte Health we are a "Clean" hospital and we want to continue to be a COVID-19 free hospital and prevent the spread of the virus in our hospital.
As we move from level 3 to level 2 on the 14th of May, we have modified our practices due to the ongoing but decreasing risk of COVID-19. We must continue to actively manage infection risk, to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, contractor and suppliers.
In Level 2 limiting our interactions with others is our best defence against COVID-19. Under Level 2 and following MoH and CDHB guidelines the following measures will be in place:
- Continued COVID screening of staff, patients, visitors, contractors and suppliers.
- Maintaining contact tracing procedures at reception, concierge, and OT. Tenants will maintain their own registers.
- Restriction on visitors – see Visitor Information below.
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Following Standard Infection Prevention and Control Precautions
- Environmental Cleaning
- Please do not visit the hospital if you do not need to.
- Only one nominated support person may visit once during visiting hours which end at 8:30pm each evening, and be the only visitor for the duration of the patient’s stay at Forte Hospital.
- Visitors will be screened and asked to provide contact details upon arrival.
- Visitors who are unwell or have suspicion of COVID-19 will not be able to enter Forte Hospital.
What does this mean for you as a patient coming to Forte?
- You will be telephoned and COVID-19 screened by staff up to a week before admission and/or by reception the day before admission.
- Entry to the hospital will be via Peterborough Street as the Kilmore Street entrance will remain locked.
- When you arrive for admission, please present yourself to reception, our Concierge team will guide you through to reception. Please ensure social distancing is maintained.
- On discharge, the nominated visitor can collect you from the ward. If it is not the nominated visitor, the nurse can take you to the door or the car in a wheelchair.
We want to thank you for your ongoing understanding and support during this time and as always, we will strive to maintain and deliver an excellent service.
If you have any questions, please telephone reception on 03 365 8333.
Forte Hospital Team